วันจันทร์ที่ 12 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

Hey-Don’t I know you?

Time just flew by this week, like crazy coconut! (what we say in our house when things are outta wack) I picked up my consignments from a local boutique. It is like bringing your children home from college for the summer! I am so excited to have them back, even if just for a day or two until they are sold. But, whew~ what a lotta work. Some are tarnished and needed a good polishing. All needed new pictures to be taken, edit the pics, upload to ETSY and ArtFire. New price tags/earring cards so they are ready for the 2009 show season. More consignments coming ‘home’ at the end of the month from the Elmhurst Art Museum. Same routine with the new pics, etc.

I truly appreciate the opportunity to have my work on consignment at these locations, more exposure, chance for me to learn about dealing with various types of businesses (boutiques, museum gift shops, etc.)

I just put together my line sheet. (term for wholesale price sheet). I had a consignment request - but I countered with “we are only looking at wholesale right now”- and they countered with “ok, so send us your wholesale pricing!” Would be great if it worked out. There is a wholesale craft lister online site, where you can register, BUT you need to already have three wholesale accounts. So, 3 or more wholesale accounts this year is one of my goals.
You can now purchase online at http://tangokdesign.etsy.com/ AND http://tangokdesign.artfire.com/ The pricing at the two locations is the same, however, more new pieces will be listed on ARTFIRE. Please check me out there!
How is your new year shaping up? We just had a two day snow storm, waiting for the snow plow guy to come and do his thing. My car (pontiac vibe, small tires) is at the bottom of our hill/driveway-so I am stuck and cannot get out. Hubby drives a Saturn vue, so he is good to go, and has been parking in the circle drive in the front.
And, my little boy turned 11 yesterday! No longer a kid, not quite a teenager. Currently upstairs downloading AC/DC & Black Sabbath onto his new Ipod Nano. (yeah we are really nice!). He is in fifth grade this year, so this will be the last year for a ‘birthday party’. The end of an era- just as our daughter starts pre-school on Monday and her season of parties begins. LOL- you cannot be a parent and not go through these wonderful experiences. BUT- I still cannot wait to ship them all off to college!
PS. Leave a comment on any blog posting in January 2009 and you are entered to win the pair of Korean Jade & Emerald earring pictured in my 12-31-08 blog post.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: